Jack Palance Art Exhibit and Sale
View the Jack Palance Artwork Collection
Artwork by the late Jack Palance was exhibited at Penn State Hazleton from Sept. 30 through Oct. 2. Images of the artwork are available at the above link, along with sales contact information.
Artwork by the late actor, artist and poet Jack Palance will be featured at an art exhibit and sale at Penn State Hazleton with proceeds benefitting the Jack Palance Trustee Scholarship at the campus. The show and sale, arranged by Palance’s widow Elaine, will take place in the Atrium Gallery of the Evelyn Graham Academic Building at the campus and will be open to the public from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Fri., Sept. 30; 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., Sat., Oct. 1; and 1 to 5 p.m., Sun., Oct. 2.
The exhibit and sale will feature more than 30 original paintings by Palance, along with giclee prints of some works. Also offered for sale is Palance’s book “The Forest of Love,” a love story in blank verse, with a CD of the book read by Palance. Additionally, memorabilia of Palance’s acting career will be displayed, including his 1957 Emmy award for “Requiem for a Heavyweight” and his 1991 Oscar for “City Slickers.”
Born Volodymir Ivanovich Palahniuk, son of a Ukrainian coal miner, in Lattimer Mines, a small town in the Greater Hazleton area, Palance had a great affinity for the region and was a highly visible member of the community for many years. In addition to his home in the Los Angeles area, he kept a farm in Butler Township to which he returned each summer to be among local friends and family. Shortly before his death in November 2006, Palance sold the farm, but still returned to the area to visit.
For more information on the Jack Palance Art Exhibit and Sale, call 570-450-3180.
More information on the Jack Palance Art Exhibit and Sale is available.
- Standard-Speaker article from Sept. 27, 2011
- WYLN Late Edition story: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=216032021793041
- New 13 story: http://widget.newsinc.com/fullplayerwvars.html?wid=2283&cid=9640&spid=23533320&freewheel=90094&sitesection=standardspeaker_hom
- Listen to WVIA's ArtScene podcast with Erika Funke interviewing Elaine Palance and Chancellor Gary Lawler at: http://stream.publicbroadcasting.net/production/mp3/wvia/local-wvia-987339.mp3
- Watch a recording of the Sam Lesante Show featuring Elaine Palance and Chancellor Gary Lawler at: http://ssptv.com/?p=101